【「Tell you what」的含義】口語中，「I』ll tell you what」、「I tell you what」或「tell you what」是個口頭禪，沒有具體含義，但增加隨意性、熟絡程度或權威感。如果搭配以「boy」、「man」等詞語，效果更明顯。可置於句首、句中或句末，位置靈活。舉例如下：
1. And I'll tell you what, I was a lot happier then.
2. I'll tell you what. Our boys have taken up stealing!
3. I'll tell you what. It'll never work. That's my opinion.
4. Telling your friend what doesn't mean they will listen.
5. I'll tell you what, I will make each of them a shirt, and a coat.
6. I tell you what, the Seattle Seahawks came here to play tonight.
7. I tell you what, one time I ate 5 gallons of ice cream in one sitting.
8. Boy, that was a heck of a downfield block by Michael Vick, I tell you what.
9. I tell you what, if you buy now I』ll give you an additional 20% off the sales price.
10. I liked the film, but I'll tell you what. I think this one is a tune-up for the series.
11. Tell you what. If you get your average up to B, I'll buy you your game system.
12. I'll tell you what, it's a wonder Elise didn't have a heart attack when she got that bill.
13. Looks like you are the idiot not I. I'll tell you what pal. That』s just what it's starting to sound like.
14. I was at one time, the fastest man in Ohio...I tell you what, was the fastest white guy down at state.
15. I'll tell you what man I've been watching college football all day long and now both of my legs are asleep.
16. And this one is the most provoking of all -- but I'll tell you what -- she added, as a sudden thought struck her.